Overview of PTAD
PTAD is made up of the following departments (Section 43 (3) of the Pension Reform Act):
- The Civil Service Pension Department (CSPD)
- The Police Pension Department (PPD)
- The Customs, Immigration and Prisons Pension Department (CIPPD)
- The Treasury Funded Parastatals Pension Department (PaPD)
- The Pension Support Services Department (PSSD)
In accordance with another Act of the National Assembly, the following pension departments were exempted from the consolidation and management of PTAD:
- The Military Pension Department
- The Security Agencies Pension Department
VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
A model organisation for the delivery of innovative and sustainable pension services.
To provide exceptional, transparent and technology-driven pension services through a competent and dedicated workforce.
Functions of PTAD
Carry out the existing functions of the relevant Pension Boards or Offices in the Public Service of the Federation and FCT, Abuja.
Budgetary Estimates For Existing Pensioners
Make budgetary estimates for existing pensioners and the officers exempted from the Scheme established by the PRA 2004 under Section 8.
Receive Budgetary Allocations From Government
Receive budgetary allocations from the Government and make payments to pensioners as and when due.
Ascertain Deficits in Pension Payments
Ascertain deficits in pension payments, if any, to existing pensioners or the category of officers exempted under Section 8 of the Act.