The Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate, PTAD, has concluded plans to begin verification of pensioners of Nigerian Telecommunications Limited and its mobile subsidiary, MTEL under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS) from January 15th to 26th, 2018.
The exercise will take place across the 6 geo-political zones in select venues that will be announced in January 2018. The verification exercise is pursuant to the payment of pension benefits to eligible retirees of the agencies after receiving approval from the Ministry of Finance that appropriate benefits be paid to retirees who are qualified. Pursuant to PTAD being assigned with the responsibility, the Directorate has been working with the Bureau of Public Enterprises to get the nominal roll as well as other required information on qualified pensioners of the defunct NITEL.
Qualified retirees are required to come with originals and photocopies of their documents while their biometrics will be captured during the exercise. No proxy is allowed. The following are the required documents
- Letter/Gazette of First Appointment
- Letter/Gazette of Confirmation of Appointment
- Letter/Gazette of Last Promotion
- Letter/Notice of Acceptance of Retirement by a competent authority
- Computation sheet
- Evidence of Change of Name (Where Applicable)
- Original stamped Bank Verification Number (BVN) registration slip and a duly stamped & signed NUBAN original Bank Statement of Account with the Bank Logo for Six-months
- Valid Means of identification (Driver’s License, International Passport, National Identity Card or Voter Identification card)
- Approval letter of Condonation /Merger of Service from the Head of Service of the Federation (where applicable)
- One coloured passport photograph.
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Affidavit of Age
- Evidence of Payment of Gratuity or Severance Pay Slip
For Next of Kin to claim benefits (in addition to the deceased documents) the following are also required
- Death Certificate of the Deceased from a Government recognized hospital.
- Letter of Administration from a High Court.
- Joint Application by the NOK(s) as listed on the Record of Service.
- Marriage Certificate (for Spouses).
- Duly signed and stamped NUBAN Joint Bank Account Statement of the NOK(s) with Bank Logo and BVN Registration Slip (stamped and signed by the bank).
- 1 coloured Passport Photograph for each NOK and valid means of Identification (Driving License, Int’l Passport, National ID Card or Voters Registration Card).
Affidavit for loss of mandatory documents including Letter of retirement will not be accepted.
For the sick and infirm, please send an application for Mobile verification with Pensioners’ address, contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org; attach to the application, a certified Doctor’s report and photocopies of all documents as listed. For further enquires, contact PTAD on the toll-free line 0800-CALL-PTAD (0800-2255-7823) or +234(0)9-462-1700, +234(0)8136048117 (Rates Apply).