Notification of Verification Exercise for Eligible Parastatals Pensioners under the Defined Benefit Scheme
The Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) has concluded arrangements for the Parastatals verification exercise of 104,133 Pensioners and Next of Kin (NoK) of 270 Federal funded Parastatals, Agencies and Institutions under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS). The exercise will take place across the 6 geopolitical zones and Lagos.
Pensioners of the following defunct/privatized agencies will also be verified during the exercise:
• Nigeria Aviation Handling Company ( NAHCO)
• Assurance Bank
• Nigerian National Shipping Line (NNSL)
• Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (ALSCON)
The verification exercise will help to achieve the following:
• Validate inherited payrolls from the various defunct pension boards and offices which was handling payment to pensioners under the Defined Benefit Scheme.
• Ensure that only qualified, bio-metrically verified pensioners are on the database and payroll system.
• Substantially reduce complaints from pensioners.
• Create a comprehensive digital database of pensioners and facilitate easy access and retrieval of records for prompt complaints resolution.
• Allow for integration of all pension payroll to ensure “one pensioner equals one pension”.
• Consolidate all valid cases of multiple pension pay-points to one payroll/payment point.
• Ensure monthly pension is accurately calculated and reflects application of relevant pension statutes, policy and salary structures.
• Prevent and/or reduce the incidence of pension payment to deceased pensioners.
• Provide the foundation for the eventual adoption of the “I’m Alive” programme.
This verification exercise is NOT for Customs, Immigration and Prisons Pensioners, Civil Service Pensioners or Police pensioners. The exercise is also NOT for Parastatals Pensioners who have already been verified including those from the following agencies:
1. Delta Steel Company (DSC)
3. NICON Insurance
4. Nigeria Reinsurance
5. New Nigeria Newspapers
6. Savannah Sugar Company Ltd
7. Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
8. Nigerian Defense Academy (Civilians)
The Directorate would like to restate that the verification of pensioners and NoK will be done in phases across the country. Pensioners should please note that they do not have to travel to the state they retired from to be verified. They will be verified in the state they currently reside.
The first phase of the verification exercise will commence in Lagos from Tuesday April 23rd, 2019 to Thursday 9th of May, 2019 in 5 centers located in Ikeja, Ketu, Akoka, Ebute Metta and Lagos Island.
Other phases of the exercise will be held in states in the different geopolitical zones on the following dates:
a) South South (Monday May 20 – Saturday June 1)
b) South West (Monday June 17 – Friday June 28)
c) South East (Monday July 8 – Friday, July 19)
d) North East (Monday August 5 – Friday August 9)
e) North West (Monday August 19 – Thursday August 29)
f) North Central (Monday September 16 – Friday September 27)
- Mobile Verification will be conducted for sick and infirm Pensioners. The original documents of the pensioners, should be brought to the verification venue together with proof of infirmity for authentication, before mobile verification can be scheduled.
- PTAD will NEVER request for cash to process your pension. Pension payment is free. Please call 08144607574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report suspicious phone calls or messages