Overview of PTAD
PTAD is made up of the following departments (Section 43 (3) of the Pension Reform Act):
- The Civil Service Pension Department (CSPD)
- The Police Pension Department (PPD)
- The Customs, Immigration and Prisons Pension Department (CIPPD)
- The Treasury Funded Parastatals Pension Department (PaPD)
- The Pensioner Support Services Department (PSSD)
In accordance with another Act of the National Assembly, the following pension departments were exempted from the consolidation and management of PTAD:
- The Military Pension Department
- The Security Agencies Pension Department
VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
To achieve stakeholders’ satisfaction through the delivery of exceptional pension services.
To be a model organization delivering innovative, efficient and sustainable pension services
Transparency & Accountability
Learning, Innovation & Growth
Functions of PTAD
- Make budgetary estimates for existing pensioners and the officers exempted from the Scheme established by the PRA 2004 under Section 8.
- Prepare and submit the monthly payroll of pensioners to the OAGF for direct payment from the budgetary allocation maintained with the CBN to pensioners’ bank account.
- Issue payment instructions to OAGF.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of pensioners under their jurisdiction.
- Ascertain deficits in pension payments, if any, to existing pensioners.
- Render monthly returns to the Commission on existing staff, pensioner, deceased pensioners and Nok.