PTAD Nationwide Verification of North East Civil Service Pensioners
PTAD Nationwide Verification of Civil Service Pensioners
The Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD), an agency created by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Pension Reform Act 2004 and the new PRA 2014, to manage and administer pensions under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS), invites all Civil Service Pensioners and the general public to note as follows;
- PTAD will commence the next phase of the verification of Civil Service Pensioners in four (4) States in the North East Geo-political Zone of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from 28th November 2016 to 6th December 2016,
- The verification exercise will take place in four (4) centres in Yola, Jalingo, Bauchi and Gombe.
- Civil Service Pensioners are to come along with both originals and photocopies of their employment records. The following documents and information are mandatory for all pensioners:
- Letter/Gazette of First Appointment
- Letter/Gazette of Confirmation of Appointment.
- Letter/Gazette of Last Promotion.
- Letter/Notice of Retirement Approved by a Competent Authority
- Evidence of Change of Name (Where Applicable).
- Approval Letter for Condonation/Merger of Services from the Head of Service of the Federation (where Applicable)
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Duly stamped and signed NUBAN Bank Statement of Account with the Bank Logo showing the last 12 months of activity.
- 1 Colored Passport Photograph
The under-listed additional documents and information are required for the following categories of pensioners:
- Due Pensioners
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Affidavit of Age
- Disengaged Retirees
- Evidence of Payment of Gratuity
- Severance Pay Slip
- State Pensioners with Federal Share
- Computation Sheet duly stamped and signed by the State Auditor General
- Duly stamped and signed NUBAN Bank Statement of Account with the Bank Logo showing the last 12 months’ payments of state share of monthly pension
- Steel Rolling Mills Pensioners
- Computation Sheet
- Retired Federal Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Service of the Federation
- Letter of Appointment as a Head of Service of the Federation or Federal Permanent Secretary either from the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, or the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
All Pensioners with complaints of non-enrollment, non-payment or short payment must provide a duly stamped and signed NUBAN Bank Statement of account with the Bank Logo showing activity from date of retirement or 6 months before the complaint, till date.
- For the Next of Kin (NOK) of Deceased Pensioners, the following documents are essential:
- Death Certificate of the Deceased from a Government recognized hospital.
- Letter of Administration
- Joint Application Letter by the NOK(s); as listed on the Record of Service.
- Marriage Certificate (for Spouses)
- Duly signed and stamped NUBAN Joint Bank Account Statement of the NOK(s), with Bank Logo
- 1 Colored Passport Photograph for each NOK
- NOKs to deceased State Pensioners with Federal Share must provide the deceased’s Record of Service
- Sick and infirm Civil Service Pensioners should contact PTAD through the toll-free 0800-CALL-PTAD (0800-2255-7823) for special arrangement.
- Please note that EFCC and other law enforcement agencies will be present at the verification centres.
Field Verification will commence on the following dates at the following locations:
|Adamawa||Yola||28th November – 6th December, 2016||Mahmud Ribadu Square, Jimeta – Yola|
|Taraba||Jalingo||28th November – 2nd December, 2016||Jolly Nyame Stadium (Indoor hall), Jalingo|
|Bauchi||Bauchi||28th November – 3rd December, 2016||Police Officers’ Mess (Next to Zaranda Hotel) along Jos Road, Bauchi|
|Gombe||Gombe||28th November – 2nd December, 2016||Ministry of Women Affairs (Hall), opposite Orji Housing Estate, along Bauchi Road, Gombe|
- Pensioners in Yobe and Borno States will be notified of the dates and locations of their own verification in due course